Here it is – your mandatory WELLNESS & FITNESS BREAK TIME! As you are in the middle of enjoying your holidays (yes, you might be superbly busy!), why not take a few moments for a health and wellness break? You’ve got 10-15 minutes, don’t you? Here are a few ideas that help you get moving, help you feel better, are less than 15 minutes. Feel free to repeat any and all 3 – 5 times throughout the day. All will help to prepare YOU fitness success!
- Take a walk or jog around the block, adding a couple of walking lunges to increase your heart rate!
- Stretch all your major muscle groups holding for about 20-30 seconds per pose. Conclude with a nice, easy neck stretch like this one:
3. Chop up veggies and eat them drinking a tall glass of water with them. Shoot for green and red to get in the holiday spirit! Here’s a yummy and super simple pepper appetizer or snack that includes some cream cheese (for those who want some calcium and something to cool those peppers:
Step 1 – Half & Seed Mini Sweet Peppers, or Red & Green Jalapeno Peppers
Step 2 – Soften Herbed Cream Cheese
Step 3 – Fill the peppers with 1-2 tsp of cream cheese. Garnish with chopped scallions if you’re up for that kind of thing & EAT!
4. Call a friend or family member who makes you LAUGH. Be PLAYFUL with friends, neighbors and especially your family. FIND JOY! Or if you’re in need of a quite break, take 15 minute to brew tea (5 min), and read a quick blog post (10 min) while drinking the tea. (A book won’t work for 15 min or less here!)
5. PLAN your fitness goals for the new year. Buy a journal, sign up for a class or classes, find a new nutritional path that you’ve been wanting to try for a while. Of course, we would LOVE to see you sign up for CollabFitness classes that begin in January! And – we also offer Fitness Consulting (both have early bird specials running right now!).
Some of our Fall, 2016 Fitness Friends!
Whatever it is you decide to do, remember your body and mind and spirit need some TLC this holiday season. But there certainly isn’t a need to overdo it in the fitness category either. The most important thing is that you’re connecting… with your true self, with others and that you find some FUN & REST as you prepare for an amazing 2017!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!